Random points from a D n00b CTO

Vic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 06:54:49 PDT 2014

bearophile, Inline

On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 09:33:27 UTC, bearophile wrote:
<snip>

> Are you able to sketch what kind of look you like for this page
> and show an image?

Simple would be to put 'Learn D' first.
Better would be that 'D' becomes 'Learn D' and new forum for D
commuters is created with a new name and 'enforced'.

><snip>
>
> What's the purpose of the rewrite? What do you hope to improve
> over the Java code?

Xeon CPU lets you use 128Gig, 386 gig, 512 gig, etc. It has
become cheap to do that. I need a system programing lang to do
that better.
Also I need to bypass OS sometimes, for example talking to NIC
libs.
Third, by using system programing lag, I get to hire better
programers, not the CLR and JRE types that don't know how
assembly or how to call AVX2 instructions, etc.
(and minor, just a bit harder to de-compile).

cheers.