Review: std.logger

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 08:34:11 PDT 2014

On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 14:24:39 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 14/07/14 11:35, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> Yes, something like separate "partially static" import type.
>
> I doesn't need language support. Just have a single function,
> "log", which returns a struct. The struct have all the "error",
> "warning" and so on, functions.

It is exactly what I don't want to see, it is an aberration.
Never ever.

D unit of encapsulation is module. Any other "namespace"
solutions must die after proper torture. However we do miss sane
built-in compromise between overly verbose static imports and
overly clashing normal imports - this need to be solved via
language feature in the long term because it is fundamental
module system use case.