Cool Stuff for D that we keep Secret

David Gileadi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 08:45:38 PDT 2014

On 7/14/14, 5:03 AM, w0rp wrote:
>> Then I wondered if the "Documentation" section should be
>> renamed "Language Specifications" and the links renamed to
>> "DMD 1" and "DMD 2" or if they should be merged into the
>> sections for DMD 1 and DMD 2 respectively, because 7 year old
>> DMD 1 specs are now pretty much obsolete? Someone new to the
>> web site looking for (current) compiler documentation will
>> only get confused.
>
> That's a good shout. I like the "Language Specifications"
> suggestion. I'll make a note to change that later.

When I first reorganized the current site I ended up using "Language
Reference" and "Library Reference" for the D-spec and Phobos docs,
respectively. There was also a collection of articles which fell under
documentation, for lack of a better place to put them, and the
Documentation section has grown since.

I don't know where the documentation link should take you, but there are
a number of sections under the current Documentation (including not one,
not two but three "tutorial" links, each named slightly differently and
all of which leave dlang.org). I personally think that "Language
Specification" is a bit narrow to cover all those topics.