Review: std.logger

Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 09:54:47 PDT 2014

> There is still a problem: the analogy, that log/logf is similar
> to write/writef, is not right anymore. Please correct me if I'm
> wrong... but AFAIK write converts every argument to string and
> the output device has no mean to choose a preferred
> representation of the arguments.
>
> It will be a surprise if I replace
>    log(a, b, c);
> with
>    logf("%s%s%s", a, b, c);
> and possibly get different results.

If you are just using default logging, they are the same.  Point is that it
allows for different results based on logging configuration/implementation.
 The logf version says the logging output has to be exactly that string, in
all instances.  The other says here is some things I want logged, and the
logging can decide how to output them.