LinkedIn Article to be: Why you need to start moving off C/C++ to D, now.

John Carter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 16:22:53 PDT 2014

So LinkedIn invited me to write an article.... yeah, yeah, I
know, they invite everybody and their brother.

But I figure this could be useful.

I want to be programming in D for my next project.

And that will only happen if corporate ecosystem around me starts
adopting it.

So I plan to write an article for them, and put a bit of effort
and polish in to it.

I have been digesting every dconf2014 video posted so far.

Really excellent points in many of them, especially in the
compile time reflection and tiny ubiquitous machines talks.

So this is a call for input... there is a lot of good material on
dlang.org, which I will use (steal) shamelessly.

Any other good blog posts / social media comments / pointers I
can digest and use?

The hard fact is it wouldn't be so urgent to move to D if C/C++
didn't hurt so much.

Walter and Andrei are very nice peacable guys, they very sensibly
concentrate on selling the good points of D, rather than slagging
the weak points of C/C++.

I'm on the other side of the fence.

I live the pain of C/C++ and have no qualms about pointing them
out.

So pointers to sound reasoned analysis of the problems of
C/C++/Java are welcome too.

I might put a bit of an embedded device slant on the whole thing,
since...

* That is part of my personal core competance.
* That is where the greatest growth in the computer industry will
happen.
* That is where there is a very strong case for D replacing C/C++.

Once I have digested any links/ideas you guys have... I will post
a draft for you guys to review / comment on.