git <tag> --fubar

Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 16:50:30 PDT 2014

On 7/15/14, 7:11 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> Yes, currently tags are OK in dmd repo:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commits/2.066
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commits/v2.066.0-b3
>
> ..it was different at point Kenji had written his message. Have you
> pushed new ones recently?

After posting my original message, I removed all references to
v2.066.0-b3 and v2.066.0-b2 and re-added...

I just realized the cause of this problem. In efforts to avoid pollution
of master, I created the tags on my local clones of my own forks at
github.com/AndrewEdwards. I then pushed those tags to to the forks and
attempted to create pull requests for them... It could not be done.
After clarifying with David Nadlinger, I went ahead and push the tags
from local to master and that caused the problem.

My later recreated tags were done on a direct clone from master.

Since that seems to have solved corrected the issue, I'll forgo the RC
and continue producing betas. Either way, we have a number of
regressions outstanding, which by the current defined measures calls for
extension of the review period.

B4 is forthcoming.