D blog?

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 14 17:41:11 PDT 2014

On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 19:41:19 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> whereas I'm asking about having an official blog on dlang.org
> and how much interest there is from others to contribute to one.

This is my question, what do you expect people to contribute?
Release announcements are obvious. Would it mimic D.announce? Is
it for the language developers to blog about what is in later
releases?

My point about Planet D is that it provides a means for anyone to
contribute any content and is already followed by many, and it
shows a low participation in blogging.

An official blog would require another lieutenant to manage what
is the "official" blog content. Having that would be great, but
having a blog without the lieutenant isn't great.