D blog?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 15 03:40:10 PDT 2014

On 7/15/2014 7:17 PM, Joakim wrote:

> I've offered to administer it.  That means either just technically
> setting the app up and maintaining it or managing and generating posts,
> or both, whatever's necessary.
>
> The question is whether others think we need an official blog, and if
> so, would they contribute?

I would happily contribute. I always wanted to do more with my D blog
and actually ran a few interviews on it a long while ago. Never had the
energy to do more than keep up with announcements, though, in the long run.

I think an official blog with even just a handful of regular
contributors would be a fantastic thing. Having a few people writing
posts helps to overcome the stagnation that can easily creep in on a one
man show. While Planet D is useful, an aggregator is not in itself a
blog with the "official" stamp.

---