D logo copyright

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 15 04:13:03 PDT 2014

I've been researching what is necessary to transfer the copyright of the
D logo to Digital Mars, which is complicated by international issues.

It seems that the term "copyright" is often aliased to the German
"Deutsches Urheberrecht" which is what we call the "moral rights of the
author" in the UK.

This is something very different from copyright as it is inalienable
from the originating creator and not something that can be transferred
other that by inheritance.

This makes me wonder if previous attempts to negotiate a new copyright
for the logo have gone unanswered because the terminology used has lost
something in translation.

Do any of our native German D users know what the right terminology for
the international concept of "copyright" is?

European copyright law is something that is currently being debated for
unification and there is no actual legislation in place so any
negotiations regarding the logo have to be conducted based on the common
ground between German and U.S. laws.

A...