LinkedIn Article to be: Why you need to start moving off C/C++ to D, now.

Remo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 16 04:22:43 PDT 2014

On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 23:43:57 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:22:53PM +0000, John Carter via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
> [...]
>> Any other good blog posts / social media comments / pointers I
>> can
>> digest and use?
>
> This one came to mind:
>
> http://bartoszmilewski.com/2013/09/19/edward-chands/

This is pretty bad promotion for Haskell.
The Author of this post apparently do not know C++ well enough or
just ignore this knowledge.
Me as a C++ developer who likes Haskell (and D) after reading
this I like C++ a bit more and Haskell a bit less.

> It’s a common but false belief that reference counting (using
> shared pointers in particular) is better than garbage
> collection.

And then he pointed to a "A Unified Theory of Garbage Collection"
paper where "reference counting" as a strategy (method) for a
Garbage Collection will be disused.
This is NOT the same as std::shared_ptr do !

So if some one really hates D then he can write post like this
about C++ and D.