Continuous integration testing with travis and drone

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 16 04:25:24 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 16 July 2014 at 04:11:28 UTC, Kapps wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 July 2014 at 03:31:13 UTC, Pavel Evstigneev
> wrote:
>> May I improve forum to support markdown?
>
> The forum is actually an interface to a newsgroup, so most
> forms of markdown would not be supported in the interest of
> having a consistent UI for people who use mail / newsgroup
> clients vs people who use the online web interface.

Sigh, this always struck me as a problem with the current
multi-mode setup, hobbling the forum to the lowest-common
denominator capabilities of the older newsgroup/mail readers.
Markdown is meant to be readable as a markup language, so maybe
it can be supported by the DFeed forum alone:

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

If another, more capable but less readable markup is wanted,
another possibility I just thought of is to only accept markup
from the web interface and then to have DFeed convert the markup
into something readable in plain text when sending to the
newgroup/mailing list, ie DFeed keeps its own slightly different
version of any particular post.

If Pavel or whoever puts in markdown support in DFeed, which is
perfectly readable on its own, or does some sort of conversion of
markup for the newsgroup/mail, are there any objections to
sending straight markdown or this conversion workaround?