Random points from a D n00b CTO

Bastiaan Veelo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 16 05:35:27 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 16 July 2014 at 09:56:06 UTC, Vic wrote:
> But if D is not my first choice to port(from Java), than my
> second choice is Qt.
> It seems simpler to manage memory and Hash Associative Array.
>
> Any comments on Qt as choice?

I my experience, Qt makes programming in C++ a pleasure.
Containers (with implicit sharing, foreach), strings, UTF8, i18n,
signals and slots, dynamic type information, qmake, the state
machine framework, of course the GUI framework, undo/redo
framework, help reader and inline documentation generation, its
IDE, and cross-platform portability are some of the aspects of Qt
that I value the most.

I am not sure why you think Qt makes memory management easier.
QObjects are generally given a parent that destructs its children
when it terminates, but that is merely a convenience in GUI
programming I think.

Bastiaan.