Random points from a D n00b CTO

Vic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 16 08:25:21 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 16 July 2014 at 12:35:29 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
<snip>

> I am not sure why you think Qt makes memory management easier.
> QObjects are generally given a parent that destructs its
> children when it terminates, but that is merely a convenience
> in GUI programming I think.

Yeah, I don't know if Qt or D makes manual memory easier, but at
some point I want to find out. So if any more input, great. I'd
hate to have to hire like so: Ideal candidate knows some Qt AND D
Lang.

I'm not doing GUI, it's a socket server w/ large RAM. Also
'large', if the CPU has 30meg L3, I don't think 128Gig RAM is
large anymore.

Cheers, Vic