[OT] Uploading DConf videos

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 17 12:52:23 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-17 20:54, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I'm not an expert in videos but as I mentioned I've studied a few
> options last year before deciding to use archive.org as our reference
> upload site.
>
> I got curious just now, so I just uploaded two screenshots:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/x1bsTNf.jpg with archive.org
> http://i.imgur.com/CEFCgAi.jpg with youtube.com
>
> Indeed the archive.org resolutions looks visibly better; my
> understanding is archive.org is streaming the very mp4 content I
> uploaded to it. Could anyone give more detail on what processing youtube
> does?

I don't know the details but it does quite a lot of processing.
Splitting it up, makes it available in the different qualities and so on.

BTW, have you tried downloading it from youtube and not stream it? There
are plugins for Firefox or tools [1] to do that. I can't see any
difference compared to the download video from youtube.

[1] http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

--
/Jacob Carlborg