[OT] Uploading DConf videos

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 17 13:36:31 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 17 July 2014 at 18:54:18 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I'm not an expert in videos but as I mentioned I've studied a
> few options last year before deciding to use archive.org as our
> reference upload site.
>
> I got curious just now, so I just uploaded two screenshots:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/x1bsTNf.jpg with archive.org
> http://i.imgur.com/CEFCgAi.jpg with youtube.com
>
> Indeed the archive.org resolutions looks visibly better; my
> understanding is archive.org is streaming the very mp4 content
> I uploaded to it. Could anyone give more detail on what
> processing youtube does?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

My experience with youtbe is that they render the video in
various resolutions. They then try to adapt the user connection
speed by serving a lower or higher quality video.

When you upload the video, at first, only the low quality is
available. Higher quality come later.