[OT] Uploading DConf videos

Guillaume Chatelet via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 18 13:49:14 PDT 2014

A few things to know :

- Bitrate is adaptive to accommodate for
   - slow to high speed transport layer
   - windowed to fullscreen image size (as for C++ you pay for what
you want :)
   - resolution can be forced ( click the bottom right gear )

- The original format you upload matters : see
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

- YouTube quality can be very high :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5BF9E09ECEC8F88F (again,
go fullscreen with high speed connectivity or force the
resolution and possibily wait for data to come)

- As it's been stated a few times in this thread : YouTube
reencode the videos for various reasons, a particularly important
one being security. Some people use videos to do code injection
so they don't distribute a bit precise copy of the source. It
needs to be a valid video from start to finish with no hidden
data.

Guillaume