[OT] Uploading DConf videos

Kiith-Sa via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 19 04:15:39 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 19 July 2014 at 03:39:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 7/18/14, 6:15 PM, Kiith-Sa wrote:
>> This. Vimeo is quite popular, quality shouldn't be a problem
>> and people
>> aren't going to wait for an hour like with archive.org.
>
> Awesome. Can you please volunteer to mirror all of dconf videos
> to vimeo? Thanks.
>
>> Andrei: I'm about 90% sure you're doing something wrong. I've
>> never seen
>> a HD youtube video with such low quality.
>
> Ask Dicebot, he's doing it.
>

> Andrei

I'm trying it out.

I've probably hit your issue with Vimeo, though: Vimeo is
impractical unless you pay them (~50€/year). With a free account
you can only upload 1 HD video / week. I guess you pay for what
you get with no ads.

I'm going to upload one video anyway just to test it.

My point, however, is that you need the video to be accessible
before you post it somewhere to Reddit. Archive.org is *not*
accessible, it's bandwidth is way too limited. You need to have
it on Vimeo, or YouTube, or whatever *before* you post it.
Dicebot uploading it an hour later and posting it in a comment
that may or may not get noticed (or me uploading it a day later)
is not going to help.