[OT] Uploading DConf videos

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 19 12:00:16 PDT 2014

> Is there an easy way to download off of youtube one of DConf talks at
> the same quality as the archive.org content? -- Andrei

No, because of the re-encoding already mentioned. Re-encoding can never
result in quality equal to the original source, unless you're
re-encoding to a lossless format (which would almost always be pointless
for various reasons).

That said though, YouTube's higher-qualities really aren't too bad, IME.
Their encodings have come a good way since their horrible, horrible
quality early years. Of course, I still think it's very good to offer
the original non-reencoded version too.