D logo copyright

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 19 12:43:02 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 19 July 2014 at 11:43:54 UTC, Alix Pexton wrote:
> This is contrary to my understanding from what I have read
> (although my research has been biased towards the UK due to
> google knowing where I live), can you provide citations that
> support this?

Not sure why you want a citation. Fair use differs from country
to country. Mona Lisa is in the public domain, but photos of it
that has been "enhanced" are not. Many novels and poems are in
the public domain, but a book that contains a collection of
novels is not, i.e. the selection of novels or poems constitutes
a work protected by copyright.