What's blocking DDMD?

safety0ff via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 22 12:07:20 PDT 2014

Ok, tried building with LDC and ran into some issues:

At first I tried an older ldmd2 and it error'ed on labels
followed by closed brackets. Using a newer version fixed this,
but perhaps magicport could follow labels with {}.

Afterwards I ran into an issue with LDC on x86_64 with
__va_argsave, so I switched to 32 bit.

Next I ran into symbol conflicts between root.aav._aaLen and
object._aaLen (resolved by import'ing root.aav : _aaLen)

Afterwards I needed to change optimize.d's shift_optimize second
argument from:
Expression function(Type, Expression, Expression)
to:
typeof(&Shl)

This is a hack, I think it was getting tripped up on the
extern(C++).

Next I have an issue with outbuffer.o getting deleted, so I add a
step to the make file renaming outbuffer.o to routbuffer.o and I
change the name in the ddmd command to use routbuffer.o instead.

Unfortunately all that was for naught as I couldn't get it to
link. I tried to rebuild LDC's phobos and druntime for 32 bit but
the linker still complained that it was incompatible.