64-bit DWT & Windows static libs

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 22 18:01:00 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 22 July 2014 at 22:53:52 UTC, Mike wrote:
> I'm investigating what it will take to port DWT to 64-bit.  For
> Windows, it looks like I will need 64-bit versions of the
> static libs here:
> https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32.x86/tree/master/lib
> (ole32.lib, msimg32.lib, etc...)
>
> I have several different versions of these files on my
> computer, but does anyone know what the true source of these
> files is.  Is there a re-distributable or runtime from
> Microsoft that has these files?
>
> Thanks for the help?
>
> Mike

Well, it looks like these files are in the Windows SDK.  That
leaves me wondering about another question, though:  Are these
static libs legally redistributable?  They are listed in the
SDK's redist.txt, but only if compiled with in a user binary.

DMD redistributes some of them, but does Digital Mars have a
unique agreement with Microsoft?

Again, thanks for any help answering these questions.

Mike