The Comma Operator's Deprecation Can't Come Soon Enough

Yota via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 23 10:25:42 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 15 July 2014 at 17:26:12 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 July 2014 at 17:09:14 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 04:52:34PM +0000, Israel Rodriguez via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Nuh uh...The comma operator is too valuable to loose...
>>
>> Please cite an example where it is "valuable"?

> Yes please, I legitimately can't think of any use case. I don't
> understand why was this was ever introduced to D? What is the
> use?

It appears Microsoft is musing the idea of adding this operator
to C# and VB.Net.  Only instead of it being a comma, they're
going with a semicolon.
https://roslyn.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Language%20Feature%20Status&referringTitle=Documentation

I dislike the comma operator as well, but would there be any
problems if it were a semicolon instead?  I think the new symbol
would fit well in for() loops.