Java compilation [was GCs in the news]

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 23 12:32:09 PDT 2014

Am 23.07.2014 21:23, schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d:
> On Wed, 2014-07-23 at 11:45 -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>>>
>>> Uhm, I'm literally right now in a talk on Buck
>>> (https://github.com/facebook/buck) at OSCON. -- Andrei
>>
>> Fresh photo comparing buck with gradle: http://i.imgur.com/uGHdfyq.jpg
>> -- Andrei
>
> Were any of the Gradleware folk there, that should really scare them.
>
> BTW what's with the rabbit and the monkey?

I only tried Graddle because of Android Studio, it makes so bad use of
hardware resources, pegging my i7 and core duo processors, that I
returned to Eclipse + ADT on the same day.

The situation is so bad it was even mentioned at this Google IO Android
developer tools talk.

This aborted my attempt to try to use Kotlin instead of C++ on my hobby
Android projects.

As for our Fortune 500 customers portfolio, the ones using Java are
still 100% in a mix of Ant and Maven.

--
Paulo