WAT: opCmp and opEquals woes

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 24 03:11:37 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 24 July 2014 at 01:39:01 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Keep in mind, though, that due to current AA changes in 2.066
> beta,
> existing code WILL break unless we autogenerate opEquals to be
> opCmp()=0. In fact, issue 13179 was originally filed because
> 2.066 beta
> broke Tango.

This is exactly what I was referring to by "you will answer to
user complaints". In context of declared backwards compatibility
efforts decision to not use pragmatical solution in favor of
purist approach that brakes user code does sound strange.