What's blocking DDMD?

safety0ff via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 24 18:58:40 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 23 July 2014 at 21:51:34 UTC, safety0ff wrote:

> It seems to consistently crash at the same place, which seems
> to be a virtual function call.

The consistency was likely due to running inside the debugger.

I tried looking a little deeper into this today, looks like the
GC is collecting live objects.
The reason it keeps crashing in virtual dispatches is because
when the GC places the free block into a list, it stomps on the
vtable pointer (this is my working theory.) I'll rebuild to get
the line numbers within druntime to have more confidence that
this is what is happening.