Review: std.logger

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 25 05:52:13 PDT 2014

On Friday, 25 July 2014 at 07:11:06 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 22/07/14 11:43, ponce wrote:
>
>> NullLogger is there precisely because it's trivial and needed.
>
> If it's so trivial then the users can implement that
> themselves. A standard library isn't about implementing what's
> trivial, it's about implementing what's most useful to most
> people.

That is interesting clash of attitude to standard library :) In
my opinion it is quite the opposite - standard library is here to
ensure primarily that all trivial things are done in a same way
in all projects. Anything more complicated can be packaged as a
separate library but trivialities are exactly the things that set
up common ground and ensure good library interoperation.