Setting array length to 0 discards reserved allocation?

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 25 08:59:17 PDT 2014

On Friday, 25 July 2014 at 15:07:55 UTC, Andrew Godfrey wrote:
> The documentation could help a bit more. I'm game to
> try to make a pull request for this, but I'm wondering
> if the library docs can actually point to the article?
>
> More feasibly, I'm thinking:
> Both the documentation for length() (http://dlang.org/arrays)
> and reserve() (http://dlang.org/phobos/std_array.html)
> should at least mention assumeSafeAppend.
> An example similar to what I posted may also be worthwhile.

Instead of using the old library link (http://dlang.org/phobos/)
use http://dlang.org/library/ instead. This way you can go to
http://dlang.org/library/std/array.html and in the discuss
section at the bottom make comments.

The D community is hoping those discussion sections start being
used in the same way the PHP documentation is used.