Setting array length to 0 discards reserved allocation?

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 25 10:37:24 PDT 2014

On Friday, 25 July 2014 at 17:32:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> "Wyatt" <wyatt.epp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Friday, 25 July 2014 at 15:59:18 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
>>>
>>> The D community is hoping those discussion sections start
>>> being
>>> used in the same way the PHP documentation is used.
>>
>> We are?  Please, no.  Holding the PHP doc comments up as an
>> example of a
>> positive thing is alternately alternately hilarious and
>> terrifying.
>>
>> -Wyatt
>
> Why? I don't have much context but a few people I talked to
> were positive
> about the community contribution to php docs. -- Andrei

They are hit or miss. Sometimes you'll find exactly what you need
and sometimes you'll find terrible misinformation. I suspect this
our community will fair better than PHP has here but there is
still that risk.

I think it's worth a shot and if it becomes a problem the user
comments can just be removed.