What is the status of DLL programming in D 2.065?

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 26 03:16:16 PDT 2014

Am 26.07.2014 09:53, schrieb Matt:
> Are we able to create DLLs easily enough in D now? Do we still need to
> tell our D DLLs to share their GCs with the calling EXE? And is the wiki
> page fully up to date on the matter? If not where can we find the up to
> date information? Or should we be using core.runtime.Runtime.loadLibrary()?
>
> Sorry for the barrage of questions, I hope you guys are able to answer
> some of them. Many thanks in advance

Dll support on windows is still limited to global functions only. If you
try anything else it will break.  E.g. exporting classes. I don't
recommend using DLLs in their current state unless you are ok with
having a C interface for your DLL. See http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP45 for
what has to be done to make DLLs actually usable on windows.