TypeTuple ABI mangling

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 26 13:06:22 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 07:44:47PM +0000, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Hi,
>
> TypeTuples have a special mangling convention in the compiler.
>
> As per the docs (ref: http://dlang.org/abi.html)
>
> TypeTuple:
>     B Number Arguments
>

> However after some cursory tests, it seems that the most obvious examples
> of, passing a tuple via parameters, returning a tuple, declaring a tuple
> variable, etc... all get lowered before mangling.
>
> So at first glance, this mangling convention is redundant.
>
> Unless of course someone can post an example which triggers mangling
> of TypeTuples...
[...]

Huh, interesting. I tried various wrapping/unwrapping tricks and passing
things via alias parameters, but none of them triggered TypeTuple
mangling. Either I missed something obvious, or perhaps this mangling is
never actually emitted? Not sure.

It won't be covered in the book. The source code has to be useful for something, after all. -- Larry Wall