What Programming Book Should I Read Next?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 26 16:42:32 PDT 2014

On the topic of professional growth, I was asked this week in a
work meeting what I think I can do for mine.... and I didn't
really have an answer.

Maybe this is arrogant or whatever, but my view is that I'm kinda
maxed out as a programmer. Sure, there's a handful of specific
things (like framework method names) I don't know and some
concepts I don't know the names of, but as for like revolutionary
new lessons, I don't think I've actually learned anything like
that directly related to programming for a pretty long time.

Then I was asked what about team dynamics and stuff... but even
there, I've been doing this a pretty long time now. You know what
I spend most my time talking about with my programming co-worker?
Recipe swapping and church stuff. And I don't mean D Cookbook
recipes, i mean stuff like baking bread and pies. We're both
pretty good at our day jobs and tend to be on the same page on
work related stuff more often than not anyway.