Setting array length to 0 discards reserved allocation?

Jakob Ovrum via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 26 22:51:44 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 26 July 2014 at 23:06:02 UTC, Andrew Godfrey wrote:
> Thereafter can come sub-slice examples and so on.
> Does this make sense?

Yes, the reference documentation is pretty terrible with naming
of various array concepts.

IIRC, when this was discussed in the past, a majority seemed to
be in favour of using "slice" and "dynamic array" for their
respective concepts instead of the current situation, but I also
remember there was some opposition (for reason I can't remember).
A pull request updating the documentation to use slice/dynamic
array might weed them out ;)