Inlining of immediately called function literals

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 26 23:05:40 PDT 2014

On 27 Jul 2014 02:10, "Dicebot via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 27 July 2014 at 00:43:41 UTC, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

>> I'd be the sceptic of that. Which file exactly did he change? (hint:
>> It may be ignored by other compilers).
>

> Oh crap it is still open :D (and judging by comments there you should
more aware of what does than me) :
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2483

Oh yes, I think I recall that.

As per my old comments, it uses frontend inlining to fix the issue.

As per mine and David's old comments, frontend inlining is bad for GDC and
LDC. It almost always results in strange codegen, or triggers asserts for
internal tree checking, or just ICE's the compiler.

Iain.