Reference counting with fat pointers

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 26 23:48:25 PDT 2014

Added protocol for parameters, COM and Objective-C.

On Saturday, 26 July 2014 at 10:49:25 UTC, Marc Schütz wrote:
> Interesting proposal. It seems that you want to change the
> default for pointers in D, but Walter will probably not like
> that ;-). But I wonder how much language support this actually
> needs, much of it seems implementable with templates, which is
> probably much more acceptable.

Also added escaping and uniqueness checks. Because RC tracks all
references it becomes possible to check if scoped data was
escaped or non-unique unshared data was casted to shared. Code
written for GC can benefit from these checks too, it would be
beneficial, if these checks could be applicable to such code too
without modification.