What Programming Book Should I Read Next?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 27 14:24:04 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 27 July 2014 at 15:15:31 UTC, Jim Hewes wrote:
> I do try to learn more about things like Haskell and D and
> meta-programming and ranges, etc., but there isn't so much time
> when your regular job takes up over 40 hours a week.  With
> programming, I feel like you can read about something but you
> can't really be proficient at it until you use it hands-on and
> practice it regularly. So I think it helps to try to find a job
> where you can do some of that during work time. I hope to do
> that. But then I read here where a lot of you guys have day
> jobs not even doing C++ but C programming, I feel like some of
> you are in the same boat, and more so because you're more
> knowledgeable than me.
>
> So how do you feel about that?
>
> Jim

Ironically after D has become part of my daily job I have found
myself being less capable of contribution / participation :)
Before it always felt like relief - being able to hack some nice
D stuff after boring daily C routine. But now I more often find
myself wanting to try something different simply for the sake of
change.