[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 27 16:37:04 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 08:43:48PM +0000, w0rp via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> You absolutely must change your content to fit it into smaller
> screens. You cannot send a massive cargo plane to an airfield which
> doesn't have large enough runways. You send smaller planes to carry
> your freight to that airport. If you have a table where the length of
> a symbol expands a single column too wide to fit the second column's
> content on a phone screen comfortably, you have to at the very least
> not use a table on the phone screens.

I'm not a professional web developer, but isn't the current convention
to deliver two different CSS files for desktop vs. mobile browsers? I'm
not sure if it's a good idea to shoehorn a single design to fit two
vastly different display sizes and usage constraints.

Just because you survived after you did it, doesn't mean it wasn't stupid!