[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 02:16:43 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 08:30:05 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> Your comments are being ignored because your comments have been
> nothing short of a personal attack on myself. If you wish to
> make
> a serious contribution to a project, you should learn to use
> more
> tact, and speak to objective points of argument. A meaningful
> contribution would consist of contributing art assets, writing
> CSS, drafting mock-ups for improvements, etc. Thus far, you have
> failed to do any of this.

I'm speaking the truth which often hurts.

Your problem is you are not able to take any criticism whatsoever
against this piece of work. The design is awful, period.

I have nothing against you personally and i think it's good that
you are initiating this effort but the design is the first thing
that should be addressed and in no way be an afterthought. I
apologise if i sound terse but usually in my line of work shoddy
efforts have to be address upfront and with prejudice.

The very first thing you should of done is to create mockups (in
photoshop, etc) of what each page should look like and make sure
the design can accommodate all the content. Once the design is
approved then implement the site. The backend is inconsequential,
use whatever you are comfortable with. Vibe.d, LAMP it doesn't
matter. Users don't care about the backend. What matters is the
user experience (especially within the documentation) and that is
what should be addressed in a thoughtful professional matter.
This is not optional or something that should be done along the
way.