[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 04:35:21 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 11:16:39 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> going and getting stuff done - same principle apply here. If
> you have professional web development experience that may help
> here - start helping somehow.

You need to define and agree on a process first. If not you will
have to redo the site 10 times before getting to the end result.
Then you will have to redo it whenever someone decides to add a
feature that contradicts the design/layout, because they assumed
that it would be easy to add later.

What are the key requirements?

What is the primary user base (front page, doc pages etc)

What are the main target platforms?

What is the intermediate format?

What is the primary use scenarios?

What are the key future functionality that it has to accomodate?

What nice-to-haves can we cut in order to reduce work?

Who gets the final word when you cannot get a decision?

etc.