[ABI] 128bit integers and other vendor types

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 04:54:00 PDT 2014

"Jonathan M Davis"  wrote in message
news:lfhsrrkauworheqmedhm at forum.dlang.org...

> I would point out that every time I've seen compiler devs discuss using
> Phobos in dmd, there has been a large reluctance to do so (if not outright
> a desire to avoid it entirely) in order to avoid the circular dependencies
> that would ensue (Daniel Murphy in particular really doesn't seem to like
> the idea).

Yes, and I'm still against it.  It's not about the circular dependency (that
already exists with druntime and is manageable) it's that including phobos
effectively massively increases the size of the dmd codebase.  Phobos is
also tied to the release cycles in a different way than it looks like ddmd
will be.  Druntime is much smaller and much less worrying (and impossible to
avoid).