What Programming Book Should I Read Next?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 06:38:03 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 07:42:39 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> I suppose it depends on what "related to programming" means. I
> presume you, like everyone else, could not write a general
> purpose AI, so we all still have that to learn.

Yeah, I'm defining it as basically something non-trivial that is
to be learned by picking up a new programming language. There was
a period where there was much I picked up that way - especially
around seven years ago when I was doing Lisp, D for the first
time, stuff like that. I could get on a bi-weekly meeting then
and report all kinds of stuff. I kinda get macros now, I kinda
get purity, but now the rate has slowed significantly.

> The applications are where most of the fun is.

depends on the applications :P