[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 10:23:37 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 16:58:53 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 7/28/14, 12:29 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
>> I am contributing but you are completely ignoring me and
>> attacking what
>> i'm saying. I've been a professional web application developer
>> for years
>> and have a lot of experience with design and UX. Everybody
>> here is
>> completely ignoring that fact! You don't even understand
>> branding. So
>> what's the point of me trying to contribute?
>
> I've been in similar situations in the past so I sympathize.
> The one thing I noticed gets the point across is to just do
> good work and just show it. People otherwise ignorant of what
> goes into a piece of work _can_ often appreciate a compelling
> end result.
>
> Andrei

It is frustrating because i want this to be done well as it could
really help D take off. If it's done poorly we will be the
laughing stock especially as our immediate competition is other
programming sites.

http://new-www.haskell.org/
https://www.python.org/
https://developer.apple.com/swift/
https://www.ruby-lang.org
http://www.perl.org/
https://www.dartlang.org/

If the new D site isn't at least as good as any of the above we
have failed. I'm up to my eye balls in other projects at the
minute so i can't contribute any code.