New Github Issues

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 10:31:55 PDT 2014

Github updated their Issues system (which includes Pull
Requests). You can read about it here:

https://github.com/blog/1866-the-new-github-issues

Bugzilla is here to stay but the newly added Labels feature could
probably help organize Pull Requests. The usual "Enhancement",
"Bug", etc. are nice but I'm wondering if anyone can think of a
way they could be used to help deal with the pull request
backlog. A lot of the time it seems like there is confusion over
whose court the ball is in. Maybe a "Changes Requested" label to
show the pull request is waiting on the submitter to make some
changes reviewers requested. A "Stalled" label could be used when
the submitter isn't responding to review requests (which would
eventually result in the pull request being closed).

I think assigning a state to pull requests (rather than just
reading over comments) would help make the process more clear and
make the status of pull requests noticeable at a glance rather
than having to open each one to see what's going on.