[ABI] 128bit integers and other vendor types

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 18:22:04 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 22:45:51 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:

> But another way to approach it, is to do Phobos integration
> first, while we still have the current C++ code.

I would point out that the way that ddmd is being done is to
automatically translate dmd from C++ to D, so everything has to
be done on the C++ end until we've actually switched it over to D
permanently. That means that we can't take advantage of any of
D's features (be they in the language or the standard library)
until we've actually fully switched the compiler to D. So, Phobos
integration _can't_ come first.

- Jonathan M Davis