New Github Issues

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 22:33:52 PDT 2014

Heh, have written a GitHub feature request about this ~2 weeks
ago, got answer "we are already working on this, going to be
release soon". Have been eagerly awaiting announcement since then.

This can be very useful for improving pull request review
process. I think we should not duplicate PR labels based on
metadata from bugzilla and instead focus on traits useful for
actual reviewing and PR categorizing (not related issue
categorizing).

"DDMD" label for dmd repo is one good example - it does not have
linked issues and need to be easily queried because of high
priority of DDMD.

One useful label I can imagine for both DMD and Phobos repos is
"need-decision" that will mark pull requests blocked until
someone with authority decides if actual semantics of a change
are to be accepted or rejected. That way Andrei and Walter will
have a quick list of pull requests to pay special attention to
(that no one else can proceed with)

At the same time I recommend avoid creation of many arbitrary
label tags as those are only useful for searching pull requests
if you know what labels to look for. Pure description tags give
nothing over few lines of comments in PR text.