Voting: std.logger

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 28 22:38:28 PDT 2014

On 29/07/2014 5:11 p.m., Dicebot wrote:
> (sorry for being a bit late, was distracted)
>
> std.logger proposal by Robert Schadek enters voting period which will
> last two weeks starting from now.
>
> Discussion thread :
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/zhvmkbahrqtgkptdlcvh@forum.dlang.org
>
> This voting will be somewhat different from previous ones because it
> will be done with std.experimental in mind. Because of that please reply
> with a bit more structured votes:
>
> 1) Yes / No for inclusion into std.experimental
>
> At this point please consider if module has functionality you want to
> see in standard library in general and if implementation is not
> fundamentally broken. This is a simple sanity check.

Yes,
I have not tested it, just for reference sake. But the code design looks
fine. Nicely documented with unittests.

> 2) Yes / No for inclusion into Phobos in its current state
>
> This is where you should summarize your concerns raised during review if
> there are any and make decision if existing API / architecture are
> promising enough to be set in stone via Phobos inclusion.

Yes
But might be a good idea to add a Syslog and Windows event viewer
logger(s) support.

> 3) If you have answered "No" for (2) :  list of mandatory changes that
> are needed to make you vote "Yes"
>
> 4) Any additional comments for author.

Okay 1) update sidebar for phobos docs (atleast I couldn't see link to
modules in there).
2) for std.logger.core defaultLogger please please please add that at
the top of the page of documentation. Or else the very ability to change
the default logger could be lost. It took me a while to find it.