[OT] Re: Redesign of dlang.org

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 29 02:14:25 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 19:13:12 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> Do you think users give a hoot how facebook works?

I've seen an expressed concern here (probably by Nick) about
facebook using PHP, the latter being a not so good language. In a
reddit announcement about dlang forum there was a discussion
about whether it's fast because the backend is compiled to native
code or because the frontend is optimized.

> We need to 'sell' D, not make it look amateurish.

Yes, but a good LAMP design sells LAMP instead of D.