discuss disqus

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 29 15:02:15 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 21:47:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> There's a pretty negative article about disqus making the
> rounds:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/2c19of/your_users_deserve_better_than_disqus/
>
> Since we're considering adding disqus flow to our docs, we
> better think this well. Any thoughts?

Previous discussions have mentioned plenty of Disqus downsides
already, I'm not sure much more can be said.

I have proposed some alternative solutions (wiki or forum
integration), but IIRC I didn't get any feedback to my proposals.

If dlang.org is to be hosted by Vibe.d, the project could handle
documentation comments as well.