checkedint call removal

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 30 04:56:05 PDT 2014

"Artur Skawina via Digitalmars-d"  wrote in message
news:mailman.217.1406713015.16021.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> `assert` is for *verifying* assumptions. It must not allow them
> to leak/escape. Otherwise a single not-100%-correct assert could
> defeat critical runtime checks.

All you're saying is you want them to have different names, not that it
can't work the way Walter and I have described.  If your assertions are
invalid and you're compiling with -release, the compiler is free to generate
invalid code.  -release is dangerous.  -release is telling the compiler that
the code you wrote is correct,  and it can rely on it to be correct.