Voting: std.logger

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 30 10:01:21 PDT 2014

On 7/30/14, 8:16 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 July 2014 at 14:59:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Such logic doesn't apply to vocabularies.
>
> According to my vocabulary, a logger is something that logs. Didn't hear
> about irater, and messer sounds like a German word.

Yah but the log object, i.e. the thing you log things in (the paper log
on a ship etc) is "a log", not "a logger". A "logger" would be the
person writing into the log.

So the appropriate name for the default log object is "defaultLog" not
"defaultLogger", or "stdlog" not "stdlogger". The better choice is also
shorter.

Andrei