checkedint call removal

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 30 10:21:49 PDT 2014

On 7/30/14, 8:17 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> "Andrei Alexandrescu"  wrote in message
> news:lrb1ru$30ag$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
>> It's better when you need an expression. -- Andrei
>
> Nooooo!  That's the kind of thinking that leads to using the comma
> operator!!!!

For that there are lambdas.

Before this becomes a silly debate, I was half-serious in the following
sense: I get uncomfortable when people say a statement is equivalent
with an expression, because replacement can be tedious. I often use that
idiom to replace assert with "always assert" inside expressions.

Andrei